Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm an Otaku! Ack!

Okay, so I dunno if I mentioned it on this blog (I have 5 blogs -______-. Let's just say there's a lot of free time on mis manos...), but I'm kinda, sorta obsessed with anything Japanese; sushi, manga, anime, onigiri, you name it I know it. I'm not even Asian! Currently I'm obsessed with onigiri, or rice balls (Urban Dictionary, anyone?), and Koko Ni Iru You! *Yes, that's a manga ^_^* Rice balls are so good I can't stand it. You can put basically anything in it (even the "no red-meaters", vegetarians and vegans can enjoy this cultural delight!), and luckily you don't need a rice-maker to make "perfect" rice; or else I'd be out $50+... All you need is some rice, some "fillings", and plastic wrap; and possibly a fridge if you just made the little grains from Heaven.

Make's one om-nomerful serving

You Need:
1 cup cooled short grain rice, divided
4 T. fillings (tuna w/ mayo, some cooked chicken, salmon, rice or beans...)
Some plastic wrap

1) Pull out a 1x1 (in ft.)-ish sheet of plastic wrap and put 1/2 of the rice on it.
2) Smooth it around a bit with a spoon and put your filling of choice in it.
3) Close up the plastic wrap with the corners and shape the rice in the plastic so the filling's in the inside and the rice covers it all. Squish all the air out.
4) Let it chill in the fridge for a little bit, or enjoy on the spot!

:) Tell me how it is,
-Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment