Monday, February 14, 2011

Update on the 30 (29 for me...) Healthiest Foods

Hey, so I'm just gonna put up my progress. I think I'm doing pretty dang good! I was spell-bound with spinach, sassy with sweet potatoes, and mushy with my mushrooms >.< (Yes, the cheesiness is all good. C'mon! It's S.A.D. *Singles Awareness Day* and Valentines Day!). Here's what I've tried so far, with a few side-notes for you inconvenience ~hahaha~:

-Mushrooms
*Tried it on my friends' mothers homemade pizza. Delish times 10!!

-Whole-grain pasta
*Tastes great with cooked veggies. I had some whole grain macaroni with spinach and red peppers :-)

-Peanut and nut butters
*Almond butter + apple cinnamon rice cakes. 'Nuf said.

-Oatmeal
*Thanks to The Oatmeal Diaries and this list, I am in LOVE with this stuff. When I was younger my brother would always have his with applesauce and raisins. I think this is one of the first things we can agree on; this stuff is daaaaaaaaaang good!

-Quinoa
*I just tried this for dinner today. It had a good texture; it was softer than rice, but not super-mushy.

-Almonds
*When I tried this, it was in one of those microwave-things with green beans. I guess it counts... It was quite a good combination!

-Non-fat Greek yogurt
*Ew, sorry Greek yogurt lovers, but I hated this stuff. Too dry for me. Sorry :P

-Chicken Breasts
*I also had this for dinner tonight ^.^, marinated with teriyaki to have it nice and tender.

-Broccoli
*For the past few days, I've had broccoli very frequently. You can do so much with it!!

-Sweet Potatoes
*I had 1/2 of one, does that count? It was just there in the fridge, all alone... So I put it out of it's misery by microwaving and and demolishing (Oops, I meant to say painlessly eating, I mean putting it out of it's misery) it with cinnamon. }:)

-Edamame
*Boiled plain, ooh oooooh good! And with some sushi to make the meal, SPECTACULAR!

-Oranges
*My new Vitamin C fix ^_^ I've had one at least every other day so far!

-Spinach
*Those steam-in-a-bags; You gotta love 'em!


So so far, I've had 13/29 (Can't have skim milk...) Top Healthiest Foods for you. I might lower it to 28 though because sardines come in those cans and still have their little eyes and... I just can't bring myself to do it :(.

Oh yeah, have a good Valentines Day! I'm off to make a Banana Boat ( Open the inner flap of banana, scoop out 1/2 the insides and eat that, fill with marshmallows and chocolate chips, and microwave for 30 seconds. Don't worry about the rest of the banana peel turning black-ish. It just happens :\)!!

XOXO,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment